Social media websites were originally created as a new way for people to stay in touch with family and friends. When business discovered that these sites were a great way to connect and communicate with their customers, a Social website is a good option for communicating. Customers now can communicate directly with service departments through a company’s Facebook and Twitter page.
Here are some strategies to increase Social Media Engagement
- Use images & video – Studies have shown that photo and video generate up to 100% higher attraction rate than do regular text links via social media outlets. Sure, everyone knows that photo is worth a thousand words, but they’re rarely used the right way.
- Reward contributors – Another great way to create social media engagement is to reward people who contribute the most to your social media efforts.
- Make it easy – The complete level on the internet is tremendously high; everyone is fighting over the same thing – the attraction of viewers in order to inform, provide a service, or sell a product.
Let’s face it – people are lazy. Nobody wants to spend 10 minutes of their time to share an interesting article or post they found on some faraway website.
Since social media is all about connecting with potential and current customers online, those who have already chosen to follow you are willing to read and see updates. Therefore, don’t hesitate to be honest with them to encourage better engagement.
We have 3 simple steps to share that don’t take much time at all, but maybe help you do just this.
- Be visual – The use or image and other visual media have become ever more prominent on social sites.
But get creative with your images! Keep them colorful, bold, and impactful so people will actually want to share it and engage.
- Post regularly – Just like with blogs, you should have a daily schedule for posting on social media sites.
This is certainly a positive sense if they come to expect good things from you, they will likely respond, comment, and engage with you.
- Best one of them all – Just ask! As simple as it sounds, this is both the most effective and overlooked engagement strategy.
Engagement is the lifeline of most online marketing, especially in the social spectrum. Like, comments, and sharing all lead to spreading the word of your brand or business, leading to more awareness and sales down the road.
Keep the social aspect of social media in mind when you develop your marketing plan. Come up with a theme to write or blog article about and then share it with your fans and followers. Create the relationships first and you will have an easy time converting your new friends into customers.